Monday, May 24, 2010

The progression of Ford Disease


Awhile back I posted a blog about sitting in a cold garage while Brandon took everything off of the old truck to put on the new one. Well, two nights ago I was doing the same thing, and I thought to myself 'it's getting worse'.



See this time it wasn't just the 2 weeks after we got the truck, it was the month before we got it. It was late and it was driving Brandon (and me) crazy. Nobody knew where it was and reports where that it was on a train headed our way so we made multiple trips to Roper Train Station in Salt Lake to see if we could see it. Brandon even met a new friend, who is just as sick as he is, on the internet who works right by the train station and could give Brandon regular checkups on what train cars where coming in and what was on them. Brandon is going to kill me that I have divulged this information but I want you all to understand the signs of Ford Disease. A week later we found out the train car number and at multiple times during the day and night Brandon called to see where it was on it's way across the country.

It finally came and instead of waiting for it to be brought to the dealer, the dealer and Brandon picked it up right as it came off the train. I have to admit I am so glad it is here and we can move on. It must be for Brandon what having a baby is for me, it's the only way I can associate the insanity. I'll admit the week after he gets a truck I have always hated, but after all of this I figure I can handle a week of cold garages and noisy tools.

1 comment:

dkitchen said...

What is going to happen when one of the boys comes home and says, "Dad, I want to buy a Toyota."